Forced immobility after surgery leads to impaired blood circulation and lymph flow and can lead to a number of serious consequences:
- Muscle weakness, skeletal muscle atrophy;
- Contractures (restriction of mobility in the joints);
- Adhesions and scars that limit recovery after surgery on tendons and muscles;
- Lack of movements coordination;
- Reduced adaptive capacity of the body;
- Venous thromboembolic complications;
- Depressive disorders.
The recovery period after surgery, during the time that the body adapts to stress, minimizes the risks of complications and unwanted consequences of surgery and trauma itself, gives a real chance to recover.
Individual rehabilitation program
Physical rehabilitation is a process that plays a leading role in the system of restorative medicine. The Dr. Blum’s Center has solid experience working both with athletes and with people who are far from sports. For each patient, a personalized program is prepared, which implies restoration to the maximum possible amplitude of movement in this case.
To build an individual complex of recovery measures, biomechanical diagnostics is carried out. The research allows you to identify "weak links", to formulate tasks for alternate solutions and to predict long-term correction results. Based on the identified infractions, a personal recovery program is being developed, solving health problems in a priority sequence.
One of the rehabilitation measures principles at the Dr. Blum Center- to engage the work of the deep muscle layers. Unlike superficial, which are controlled at a conscious level, the deep muscles, responsible for stability, can only be turned on in an eccentric mode of working with a trainer using special constructions and exercises. As a result, the strength and endurance of the muscles stabilizing the joint increases, movement control improves, impaired muscle tone, muscular-articular balance are restored, distortions and pathological motor stereotypes are eliminated, and body symmetry is restored.
To solve rehabilitation problems of varying complexity, 800 training devices are used to set the exact dosed load on the target segments of the musculoskeletal system.
The most important thing is to begin rehabilitation after surgery as soon as possible in order to prevent the development of complications. The whole process is divided into the following stages:
- Biomechanical testing;
- Consultation of Professor Eugene Blum;
- Diagnosis of the body weak links;
- Personalized training program development;
- Classes in an imperative-corrective mode according to an individual program with a personal trainer using equipment developed by the Center;
- Final diagnosis;
- A wellness program and exercises development at home.
Dr. Blum author’s methodology advantages
A certified rehabilitation and recovery Center after surgery on the musculoskeletal system carries out a biomechanical correction that strictly matches the nature of the damage and the level of human functionality.
Dr. Blum’s system of techniques and methods has several advantages:
- a personalized phased approach;
- adaptive physical training in an eccentric (inferior) mode;
- targeted impact on target segments of the musculoskeletal system;
- pronounced positive effect with a minimal energy consumption;
- lack of medicine load on the body.
Decide where to go for rehabilitation after surgery on the tendons, ligaments, joints and other segments of the musculoskeletal system. Get an advice about your problem right now and make a value of the Dr. Blum author’s methodology advantages.