Important treatment factors
Blum Center distinction is that we work with children who are considered unpromising in other places. We work with complex forms of cerebral palsy. In the center of the fundamental factors for determining the prospects of recovery of the child are the following parameters:
- The preservation of the psyche. We estimate how adequate the psyche of the child is.
- The ratio of the child's age and level of maturity, that is, how much the child’s development lags behind and which of the symptoms of cerebral palsy are motor defects.
- The severity of motor biomechanical defects. We assess the pathological changes in the axial skeleton, identify deformities and the level of muscular-articular imbalance.
Based on the results of the diagnostics, we develop a personalized program and the results that will be obtained according to the method of Dr. Blum.
Recovery in 3 stages
All our recovery programs for cerebral palsy include the following steps:
- Preliminary. We are preparing all the systems of the body to increase the amount of physical activity, to the new regime.
- Preparatory. This is the most difficult and lengthy part of rehabilitation. We help reduce spastic syndrome by restoring antagonist muscle balance in strength and length. Then we restore the structure of muscle tissue and the alignment of the joints, eliminate contractures.
- Main. At the third stage, we teach the usual walking and maintaining balance when moving. At the end of this stage, the patient should go without care and support. With fine motor skills and complex movements, we work in the following stages. First you need to achieve a basic result. And it directly depends on the diligence and understanding of the parents.
Rehabilitation treatment takes place in the center of Blum in Marbella. All conditions are created for the implementation of the tasks: the necessary simulators developed by Dr. Blum to restore children with cerebral palsy. The mild climate and the proximity of the sea keep our guests in a good mood and help to achieve a result.