The most typical symptom of traumatic injuries is pain of varying intensity. Movement in the limb may be limited or pathological mobility appears. Serious dislocations and fractures are accompanied by swelling and hemorrhage under the skin. With compression or damage to nerve endings, pain shock may develop.
Varieties and injury causes
The upper limb injuries are an extensive group of injuries that vary in volume and nature. The most common are:
- Clavicle fracture, the forearm bones and the wrist elements;
- The shoulder dislocation, the elbow, the wrist and finger phalanges;
- Stretching and rupture of tendons and ligaments that connect the bones of the upper extremities;
- Loss of part of the organ.
There are many injury causes. This can be a fall, shock, mechanical damage with blunt or sharp tools, gunshot wounds, traffic injuries, burns with a flame, steam or hot liquid, exposure to electric current or aggressive chemicals.
The decisive role in the diagnosis is played by X-ray methods.
Any hand injury that causes pain and other negative symptoms requires treatment. Hidden or obsolete, insufficiently treated damage can lead to irreversible anatomical changes and functional disorders, up to a complete loss of mobility.
Rehabilitation after the bone’s injury, ligaments or joints of the arm requires a special integrated approach. Dr. Blum's Biomechanics Center specializes in recovering patients who have suffered traumatic injuries in various sections of the musculoskeletal system. For 30 years, the author’s methodology of the expert on functional movement, MD, professor Eugene Blum has been successfully applied here.
The author’s rehabilitation system of biomechanical methods and techniques is based on the principles of medical biomechanics and the symmetry of the human body. Correction is preceded by biomechanical diagnostics, which allows you to identify weak links of a complex kinematic chain.
A hand injury recovery in the Dr. Blum Center has several significant advantages over traditional recovery methods:
- Lack of medicine therapy;
- A personalized approach to solving the problem;
- Eccentric training with only target muscle groups;
- An explicit result with minimal energy consumption;
- Stress resistance elaboration;
- Restoration of functionality due to the body’s own resources.
The center is equipped with patented simulators, the work takes place in an eccentric mode, deep muscle layers are worked out, which are not involved in ordinary trainings. Such an approach helps to eliminate the imbalance of the musculoskeletal system and the compensatory asymmetry provoked by injury.